Update May 2021 Regarding COVID-19 at Oakwood Veterinary Hospital:
Starting mid-May we will begin to allow clients into the building on a limited basis for the first time in over a year! We miss in-person interaction with you all and are excited to reconnect. Below is a list of guidelines as we slowly transition back to (hopefully) “normal” operations over the summer.
- The following brief appointments will remain curbside for the time being and until further notice: All technician appointments for suture removal, bandage removal, nail trims, anal gland expressions, technician vaccine boosters and blood draws, routine surgical or daycare check-ins.
- All medication and food pick-ups and patient discharges will remain curbside. Please remember to call ahead with a refill request at least 24 hours in advance and wait for our reply before coming to the clinic. If approved, simply call when you arrive for pick up and we will deliver your pet and/or their medications to your vehicle in the parking lot.
- All appointments with a doctor can be in-person if you choose (see details below). However, curbside service is still a choice for any doctor appointment if you prefer for any reason. Simply let us know when you make your appointment rather you prefer in-person or curbside.
- Procedure for in-person doctor appointments:
- Please call upon your arrival in our parking lot and remain in your vehicle. As soon as possible, a staff member will escort you into the building through the "Entrance" door and directly into an exam room. Any person entering our building MUST wear a mask and remain masked while inside. All our staff will be masked throughout your visit as well. If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask throughout your visit, we will offer curbside service instead.
- Because of the size of our exam rooms, we can only allow 1 adult + 1 child into the building for appointments. Other family or friends can wait in the car, or if they cannot be left alone or unsupervised in the parking lot because of age, etc. we will offer curbside service for the appointment.
- We ask that you remain seated in the exam room throughout your appointment and wait to be directed to the front desk for payment or we can collect payment in the room if you prefer. Afterwards, we will escort you out to the parking lot via the "Exit" door. This is to limit congestion in the Lobby and at the reception desk for everyone’s safety.
- We will of course continue our current policy of sanitizing door handles, seating, exam tables, etc. between patients. All our staff will remain masked and may wear gloves.